Sep 21, 2010

friendship tea party

Where has the summer gone!?!?!?!? I love the warm days and the kids outside playing with friends and I love that they have so many great friends to play with. Our street is always full of kids playing and it's amazing. Well the other night we were reading a Fancy Nancy story about tea parties and Quinton asked if we could have a tea party, he said it could be a friendship tea party. I told him I'd think about it and decided that it would be a fun thing to do for all our friends that live on our street. So we set the date and passed out invitations. I asked moms to help with the food since there would be 25 kids there (remember this is just our street not a house beyond). It turned out to be really fun and I think both kids and mom's had a good time. The only bad thing was the wind, it just had to blow like crazy that day, but we managed.




The little kids table


I put on the invitation for the girls to wear a dress up dress and the boys to wear a hat. As you can see Weiland took it one step further.



I think these are the favorite parts of a couple of different costumes for Quinton cause I've never seen a cowboy hat wearin' vampire.


Ok notice the number of cupcakes on miss Holland's plate. I had a small cake stand with some on there for the little kids to eat since they weren't up at the big table. I think she ate the frosting off of all of them and then discarded them on her plate.

It was such a fun time and we are blessed to live next to such amazing people! Thank you to everyone who came and the mom's for helping with the food.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow! What a party! I love the costumes and Holland helping herself. :) Great idea and it looked really cute!

Rachel said...

Tiffany, we absolutely loved it! Thank you so much for inviting us!!

Bernie said...

That was so much fun! You are amazing!