Mar 10, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday Wei

I can't believe he's 8. 


My bald round baby is SO not bald anymore and far from round. 
This year he had a small party and as it turned out his birthday fell on President's day this year so that there was no school on his birthday. Perfect day to do the party I thought but it turns out people go out of town on long weekends. It was still a fun time with the small numbers and his brother and sisters helped make up for some of that. 

Weiland wanted a Panda party this year. What was I going to do with that? So I OK'ed it with him to make it more of a Kung Fu Panda party. 

So bummed I didn't get pictures of the invites we took around. I used my Cricut and cut out a 5 inch or so panda and attached him to a mini take out box that I had put some Twizzler pull n peels in (which I pulled apart to look like noodles). 

Big day. 
We had started doing this on Quinton's birthday and all the kids loved it so it has now become a must do on birthdays. We filled enough balloons to cover his bedroom floor (which also covered the mess that was covering the bedroom floor). Todd and I finally got smart and use his air compressor to fill balloons, we can do so many more this way. 

 My attempt at a Panda cake

table ready to go

I found glow stick straws at Walmart that were pretty fun.

These were the favors they got to take home

We played some Kung Fu Panda games:
Like picking up candy with chopsticks to test their concentration 


 The shell game to test their memory



And the balloon stomp game to test their stealth


Then headed to the table to enjoy some cake and ice cream




 Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Love the party and baptism pictures! Congrats Wei!

Lacey said...

Fun party. Both Ryker and Conner thought it looked way fun and would have loved to come! I really need to start doing some themed parties, maybe next year. Glad the baptism went well. Wish we were there.

Courtney Alldredge said...

Happy Birthday Wei! I get sad every time one of your kids has a birthday or other special event and we can't be there anymore... Looks cute as ever and like lots of fun!!