Jul 3, 2009

Loyalty

As I watched my kids play this morning and over heard a few mean comments from both my kids and others I realized how important family loyalty is to me. I want my kids to have each other for support. I want my kids to stick up for each other. I want my kids to know that there siblings won't talk bad about them to their friends and that they'll defend them from others who don't speak kindly of them.

But I want it to go further than that. I want them to know that I'll never complain or talk bad about them to my friends or other family members. I want them to know they can trust me and what I'll say about them no matter what they've done in their life, especially when they're older.

My dad gave us a book when we got married that I have read a few times and need to read many times more. It's the "7 Habits for Highly Successful Families" by Steven Covey. In his book he talks about family loyalty and it's something I want very much for my family.

I want my husband to know I'll never say negative things about him to anyone and I'll defend him as well. I want my kids to know I'll also never say negative things about them to others and I'll defend them from others as well. I also want my siblings and parents and siblings-in-law, and parents-in law, that I'll never complain about you or talk negatively about you to another sibling or parent and that I'll defend you when needed.

If you haven't read this book I highly recommend it. There are a lot of things that made me stop and think about the way I treat others and how others see things.

Thanks for listening/reading my ramblings but this is something that I want in my life, Family Loyalty.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

Beautiful Kids. Really nice post on family loyalty. Thanks for coming by my blog.

Rachel said...

wellllll... I really do hope those mean comments weren't from my children, but if they were, I'm really sorry. I'm trying my best too with my family, but it sounds like this book is a must-read. Thanks, Rachel

Camille said...

Thanks Tiffany, I really liked this post. I reallized that I do this quite often, unintentionally, but sometimes I think something my kids did was funny, but I reallized they might get offended if they knew I was sharing it with others, so now I'm going to think twice about how I talk about my family. The book sounds good too. Thanks!