Jul 2, 2010

I'm going there someday

This past Monday for FHE we did an activity my sister told me about. We all got in the car and I told the kids we were going to the Temple. Well they were excited. Then I told them we were going to get there taking directions from some dice. If they rolled a one or a three we would go left, if they rolled a two or a four we would go right, if they rolled a five or a six we would go straight. They thought this was a great idea, but soon they realized we were no where near the Temple. We talked about how come we wern't getting any closer to the Temple, how if we didn't make good choices or if we didn't know how, or if we left it to chance and hoped we would get there we probably never would.

I then asked what if we had directions? They thought this was a GREAT idea and wondered where we could get some. So we headed back to the house to start again only this time with directions I had made for each of them. They were very specific and had arrows for those that couldn't read. We eventually made it to the Temple with no problems. We then got out and went and sat down on a hill and talked about how come the dice didn't work on getting us to the Temple and how come the directions did. I told them we have directions to get us to the Temple, the scriptures. I pulled out a copy and told them each that these were their directions to use all thier lives and they would get to the Temple. It was a great teaching opportunity.


They then each got a turn to roll down the hill before we left for our treat. Quinton opted to run instead of roll.


Thanks Court for the great FHE idea.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

What a great idea. I always looking for new and fresh ideas for FHE. I think we'll try it this weeks. Your family is so cute Tiffany and you're doing an awesome job!

Nicole said...

I love that idea!! That would be an awesome FHE! :) I am going to have to do that!