Oct 23, 2011

Ellie's Ladybug party







I think I had more fun doing this party than Ellie had at the party. I haven't thrown a party in so long that even on a small scale like this it was so much fun. Last year I wanted to do a ladybug theme party for her but with Todd gone and all else that was going on it just didn't happen. I did however collect a few things before I realized it wasn't going to happen. I'm proud to say that I did this party for under $20 (which was used mostly on food) by using what I already had.

Ellie invited 5 of her friends to her party plus Holland. I didn't have a huge crowd to plan for which was nice. I made party hats for each girl and they each had a coloring page and crayons waiting for them when they arrived. I'm going back to my serving in the nursery days here with the have a gathering activity for when they arrive.






I kept the food/treats simple which was really nice not having to worry about making things the day of. 

I dipped Oreos (note: when doing this use double stuff next time)

covered mini water bottles

Used my Cricket for cutting out ladybugs

 mini chocolate and powdered doughnuts

 cupcakes

I found these ladybug take out boxes at Porters a year ago when I was still living in Rexburg


 I had made some ladybug hair clips for each girl to take home. They filled their boxes with a cupcake and any other treat they wanted to take home as well.



 We have been so lucky to have made such good friends here.




 
 Ellie really enjoyed herself and through the whole process of getting things ready she could hardly contain herself and was always coming in to see what I was making and to see if she could help. It made doing the party all the more fun because she really appreciated all the fun things I like to do.

She is such a sweetheart and I am so thankful to have her as a daughter. I see a lot of me in her which is both fun and a little scary to see yourself looking back at you. Hopefully she gets my good attributes and not my weaknesses.

A little about Ellie now at age 6 (well she will be by Thursday anyway)
She LOVES to do anything creative, color, paint, beads, cut and paste, you name it.
She is a great big sister to Holland and gives the best hugs.
She is loving Kindergarten and is doing really well.


Happy Birthday Ellie!!






2 comments:

Dacia said...

Super duper cute party! Of course I wouldn't expect anything less :) So wish I could have been around to help. Glad to see you're doing so well!

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! Great party, Tiff!