Sep 19, 2011

first day of school

It doesn't really feel like summer is over here except that the kids are in school. The weather is still plenty warm and the sun is almost always out. Not complaining at all, neither are the kids because they can still wear shorts and T-shirts to school.

The first day has come and gone and all three are doing great in their classes. Ellie was so excited to start that when she finally got in line to go into her class room she started to tear up a little. I think it just hit her what was actually going to happen, she was leaving mom for the unknown. But with a little hug and reassurance she did just fine and hasn't looked back since. 


The boys of course had no fear starting again. Weiland has Quinton's teacher from last year so she knows our family pretty well and Weiland is really enjoying it so far. The only fight we have is over homework and reading. He tells me it's a waste of his time that he could be playing. We've had many conversations about how he's going to have homework for a very long time (not what he wants to hear) and how important it is that he does it. Things have improved since the first week but some days are just no fun.


Quinton has done really well with his new teacher and I'm going to be able to be in his class every other Wed. to help his teacher out. We were a little worried about his teacher because we hadn't heard great things about her but all seems to be going great so no complaints.


I can hardly believe I have three in school. Holland and I get a lot done during the day. She loves to go to the store with me, which ever one it is and often complains when we are headed home because she wants to go to another store. Still a few years for this one to start school but until then I have a great shopping buddy.







2 comments:

Konrad said...

Weiland does make a very persuasive argument...

Judie and George said...

Your kids look so cute, and so grown up! School is such a good time. Everything gets easier.