The first day my parents and Todd's parents arrived was graduation day. They came early afternoon to be there for the graduation ceremony that evening, so that was really all the first day consisted of (pictures of said graduation two post below).
Day two. Oh and I should mention my niece came with my parents so that she wouldn't miss out on any of the fun. Ok so day two my family spent the first part of the day with Todd's parents since they ended up leaving earlier than originally planned. We strolled on campus and tried to catch a few of Todd's teacher in their office, but since it was pioneer day no one was in. Then we took the kids to Mc D's for lunch and to play. We were so glad to spend some more time with Todd's parents and really enjoyed having them here.
So the rest of my family decided to go to Blast Off in Idaho Falls to let the kids play but I decided since I was way behind on what I had planned for dinner, I needed to stay home and prep. So glad I did because even with that extra time I still didn't get everything done I had in mind. But that evening we had everyone over for a BBQ and let the kids run wild. It was a lot of fun to sit and catch up with everyone. We even had a little excitement with the sprinklers turning on while we were all still sitting out on the lawn. Most of us stayed dry but there were a few casualties.
The kids enjoying the grub.
The parents getting their turn. I did a burger bar with a bunch of different things you could put on your burger, it was pretty yummy.
I'll be trying to do one post a day to get this all documented so check back to see what other fun things we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment