Aug 28, 2009

First day of school

I can hardly believe I now have two in school. Quinton is gone all day and in first grade and Weiland has started kindergarten in the afternoons. Both boys have been looking forward to this for the last two weeks. Since it's now day three for being back I can say that Wei is doing well so far and really loving it. They have a turtle that they share with the other kindergarten class and that is the high point of each day for Weiland. He brought home his first practice paper with the letter A and well lets just say we have a lot of work to do. Shame on me for not working with him more, I promise to do better.
Quinton gets to ride his bike to school now because our district only busses kindergartners. We have about 5 first graders that all ride together from our street and the next over, there could be more but I think 5 is plenty. A couple adults ride with them to make sure they're safe and make it ok. Todd said he hooted at everyone he saw when he rode with him needless to say he loves it!
He also really likes his teacher and I have no doubt he'll do great~
Ellie hasn't really noticed a big change yet with her brothers gone, we've been keeping pretty busy. I think it will be good for both her and I to spend some girl time together. Poor girl still has two years before she gets to go. (poor mom too). : )


Weiland waiting for the bus


Off he goes


Quinton in front of his class room

Weiland in front of his



All done and on our way home, aren't they cute together!


Photobucket

6 comments:

mub said...

Happy Saturday Sharefest!

I love that last picture, their backpacks are almost as big as they are *L*

Dacia said...

They are so cute!

emily :) said...

Yeah for back to school!! 2 more days!!! I will still have Amelia home and we are looking forward to girl time too :)

Andy and Lynne said...

i thought the same thing when addie came home with her letter 'a' page.

Rhiannon Bosse said...

awe! How cute :) They look kind of nervous too hehe thanks for stopping by today!!

Kelli said...

Ellie still has two years? so does Kimber and i thought Ellie was older than Kimber. Kimbers going to three year old preschool