Oct 25, 2009

Halloween preview- warning LOTS of pictures

I can't believe Halloween is upon us already. It just hasn't felt like it was the season, I have only put up minimal fall decorations and no spooky stuff. Such is life while trying to sell a house. Well to help get us in the Halloween spirit we carved pumpkins with my sisters and their kids on Saturday. Last year I remember carving them right at the beginning of Oct. and by the time Halloween came they were shriveled and moldy. And of course we had a great time doing this together again this year.

all the kids getting ready to gut their pumpkins- all the pumpkins were HUGE this year.



Ellie scooping out her seeds. She had to do the seeds first before the stringy stuff and every one of them had to use a spoon no one wanted to get their hands dirty.


Wei got a good spoonful.


Here are the kids finished products. They got to choose the shape of their features and if they wanted silly or scary.



this is Ellie's~and how it looks lit




Weiland's




Quinton's




And of course we had to have cookies and cocoa when we were done.


All the gang


Also on Saturday the kids school had their annual school Halloween carnival. The kids dress up and go and play lots of games and eat treats.

Holland got to use the frog costume Quinton wore when he was one. I had to add some eyelashes and a bow so you'd know she was a girl in there. Turned out pretty cute I think.



Ellie is actually going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween but her costume is wrapped as a birthday present she won't open til Tuesday so we improvised with a make-shift witch costume. She thinks she's going to be a witch so she was fine with it. Tinkerbell is a surprise~thanks mom!


For weeks before Weiland said he wanted to be a skunk. Last year at Old Navy they had a skunk costume, we went this year and no skunk. But I think he's pretty happy with the tiger.


I don't know what made Quinton want to be a vampire but he did and he was thrilled to FINALLY put his costume on.



And here's my scary bunch. We can't wait to go trick or treating!
I'll post more costume pictures so we can see Tinkerbell. Have a fun and spooky Halloween!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute bunch :)

Andy and Lynne said...

they are sooo cute! I have the matching frog costume, ours is a ladybug that all of my kids have used when they were one. Old Navy? I do like the girl version of the frog though!

Dacia said...

Holland was the cutest frog I've ever seen. Love the lashes! Did Twilight have anything to do with Quinton's costume :) They all looked great!

Love the pumpkin traditon. So many fun Halloween things to do!

belinda said...

Such adorable kids. I think Halloween is such a fun holiday for kids. They love to dress up and i know Quinton was especially excited and he is a great vampire! Hope Ellie will like her new costume . . . I think she made a cute little witch! Last year I got to see them first hand and that was fun. Thanks for posting Tiff!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Your kids are soo cute. I love little Holland's smile. The pumpkins turned out really good. What fun!

Kelli said...

they are all so cute!