May 8, 2010

Ellie the chef

I have to keep reminding myself that this girl is only 4. I find myself expecting her to do just what her brothers do and for the most part she can. But sometimes I just have to step back and remember. Today the kids wanted to make their own lunch, Ellie included. She decided she wanted to make her own PB&J. I left her to it in the kitchen while I went and did something. When I came back to see how she was doing this is what I found. A very large amount of jam, I just giggles and said don't move.


(please excuse her raggity appearance, just one of those days)

The peanut butter turned out to be more complicated than she thought. The stuff just stuck to the knife and wouldn't spread around. She kept taking parts of the bread away with the knife and peanut butter. She did get it done and ate it all.

She is such a big girl and I was very proud of her independence. Next time we'll try not to make it so complicated and teach her a little along the way. Love you Ellie!



Photobucket

No comments: