Dec 30, 2012

Pinterest Craft ~ fail

So I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to do with the kids. I have a plate I colored when I was 10 that the kids love to use so I thought they'd each love to have their very own plate made by themselves. 

Well they did a great job coloring them and had fun doing it. The idea was you color on a white plate with Sharpies and then bake it in the oven to set the marker. Well, it doesn't really set the marker it just changes it's color. 











But as you can see they had fun doing it, sad to say we don't have one that is still around. : (
I know there are ceramic markers out there but maybe next time. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Simply, Sarah said...

I had to laugh at this one. Sorry!

My daughter, Kelly, is really good at making homemade gifts for her friends. She loves hot chocolate, so was so excited to do the same craft, but with mugs.

The writing/design was not permanent after baking.

So frustrating!