One thing I didn't know I wanted to do but am so glad we did was visit the Lockes. Coolest thing. it's the gateway between Lake Washington and the Puget Sound (ocean) for boats. I've been through here once way back when I worked on the Victoria Clipper and we had to take it to dry dock but it was dark and I couldn't really remember much.
The kids loved watching the boats file in and then the locke fill with water (or empty depending on which way the boats were going) and wave to those on the boats.
Another cool thing they had there was the salmon ladder. Which is where the salmon swim up stream between the two. Not many fish were there for us to see.
Something else we did that brought back a lot of childhood memories was to visit Mud Mountain Dam. We would come here often growing up and it holds a special place in my heart.
We got to play some UNO while we waited for everyone to come.
And a little softball as once everyone arrived
And we of course had to do the hike down to see the dam.
And just like when I was growing up they had the wading pool for the kids to play in. Sam and Wei were a perfect fit for each other.
We were very lucky to have sunny days while we were there.
No comments:
Post a Comment