Jun 25, 2009

Small things

The older I get the more I realize how much more I appreciate the small things. Holland's new trick is clapping. She's discovered the noise it makes when she does it. She gets a cheer from either Todd or I when she does it. Lately when I go in to pick her up after a nap, I get applause from her. It is the cutest thing ever.

I know when she's had enough of a nap because she wakes up happy. If she wakes up crying, she's not done sleeping yet and usually goes back to sleep. I love that she gives me signs to what she needs. I've yet to capture it on video because, of course, when you want them to preform they won't. When they do your camera has gone missing.

Another small thing I appreciate is Ellie's love of lip gloss. We were in Wal-mart the other day because I needed more elastics for my hair. So we're in the isle with all the hair stuff and Ellie finds this pink tote filled with hair things. She thinks she just has to have it and, of course, threw a huge fit when I told her no and to go put it back. (I know, mean mom.) Just around the corner is the make-up isle and she soon finds something else she just has to have: lip gloss. Not wanting another fit, and because it only costs 87 cents and is a sheer kind of color, I agree that she can have it. She carried that around all day and would frequently apply more of her "lips," as she calls it. She misplaced it once during the day and came to me and said, "Mom, I can't find my lips." It just made me smile.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I love that I can appreciate with you the joy we mothers find in those tiny things our babies learn and I'm excited to hear about Ellie because she is my little window into Olivia's future. CUTE stories! :)