Jun 23, 2010

we love summer!

Summer is hands down my most favorite season. It has FINALLY warmed up here and we are taking full advantage of the sun and warm days. The kids play outside pretty much all day, and because Holland can't wander out there alone I have spent at least half of my days out there as well. We are blessed to live on an amazing street and have fabulous neighbors. I think there are about 30 kids just on our street, we hardly ever have anyone drive through unless they live on the street, and we try to watch out for each others kids. ~Amazing right!?

By the end of the day yesterday the street was full of kids and mom's. I love that you can just pull out a blanket and place it on the grass and soon it will be full of friends to sit and talk with.

So here are a couple of shots of the kids at the end of a great day.

One of the favorite places to play for the kids is the empty lot behind our house.
Weiland posing with his "sword"



Quinton racing around on someones bike




Ellie taking a break on the blanket


There are some basketball hoops set up in the street and Holland wanted to get in and play with the big kids. I don't know how many times I had to chase her out of the street.

We are looking forward to many more fun days of summer.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dacia said...

Everyday is a block party on your street! How fun!