Apr 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Our Easter has been pretty low key this year. No egg hunts with cousins, no big Easter dinners, and fairly simple Easter baskets. The kids woke up Saturday to their Easter baskets on the foot of their beds (instead of hidden like we usually do). Actually I should say Quinton woke up to find it and then woke the rest up. They had to wait to go down stairs to see if the Easter Bunny had left any eggs for them, until both Todd and I got up. Well about 6:50am I'd had enough and couldn't sleep due to the noise the kids were making, so I got myself out of bed to take them downstairs. Todd and I had hidden the eggs the night before so they rushed down to find all the eggs they could.

Ellie pausing to see if she could see any more eggs.


Quinton checking out what was in those eggs.


Wei already enjoying the spoils of the hunt (and it's not even 7:30am yet).


Most of the day was spent outside enjoying the appearance of the sun. Weiland even got a little sunburned on the back of his neck and cheeks. I cannot wait for summer and I can safely say neither can the kids.



That night after baths and PJ's we dyed eggs. (you'd think it was Halloween the way Quinton is dressed)


Also that night we had Brad and Lacey and family over for movie night. I got some great shots of the little girls together. Cute cousins!! Brynlee was all smiles and Holland thought she looked good enough to try and taste. (you'll have to wait for that picture).


Then Sunday the kids got to wear their Easter cloths. The boys got new Polo's in their baskets and the girls had their dresses. Ellie's is the great deal I found while in CA and Holland's I found at Target for a great deal as well. And of course I had to make hair bows to match, aren't my girls adorable!



And of course my handsome boys.


The whole crew.
Tonight we are having our FHE lesson on the real reason we celebrate Easter and watching the church's video on the resurrection. I am thankful for this season and the chance to reflect on my Savior and all that he's done for me. I am so thankful for the opportunity to strive each day to prove my self worthy to return to live with him and my Heavenly Father and for the atonement to help me along the way when I fall short.

Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Courtney Alldredge said...

of course they look adorable. Holland is just so cute and i miss everyone so much. I will try to post pics of Tay soon. I tried to curl her hair, but that didn't last long and i tried to put something cute in her hair but it there isn't much hair to hold it in... anyways wish we could have been together. Love you guys!

Simply, Sarah said...

I am so amazed and impressed by how clean your home is! I'm glad you had a good Easter with your whole family back together :)

Dacia said...

Loved the outfits! I can't get enough polka dots!

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Love the dresses. Happy Easter you guys!

Anonymous said...

cute blog:)

sherida said...

What cute kids! I miss those days - it is so much fun when they are young and enjoy the fruits of your labors!!