Oct 28, 2008

And Holland makes six...

Holland Sara Crabtree was born this morning (October 28, 2008) at 7:55am. She was 7 pounds even (our heaviest baby yet) and 19 inches long. She has brown hair and is very cute. She is small, like all our babies are and resting so far. She just got a bath and finished eating, so we are hoping that mom can get some rest.

The nurses were having fun with her hair.

The birth went okay. Tiff had some problems at the end of the C-section but has recovered nicely. The doctor said that we could have one more child, that the risks are about the same as with Holland. There is a lot of scar tissue and it is getting harder to repair with each C-section, so we will have to follow the promptings we receive.

Holland has a problem with her feet: they are bent inwards at the ankles, so that the bottoms of her feet would touch if she stood, and she would be standing on the outside edges of her feet. The specialist will come by today to check on it. They still move to the normal position and at the most they will have to put little braces/casts on her feet to straighten them out. This procedure is easy when they are young so we are hoping for the best.

We will keep updating as things happen.

9 comments:

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Oh, what a little sweetheart! She better not lose all that hair like some newborns do! We are so happy and grateful that everyone is healthy and safe. We can't wait to meet her....I call first dibs on holding her at Christmas everyone!

Dacia said...

What AWESOME hair! She is so cute! I've been waiting for a post this morning. Glad to hear that baby and mom are doing well.

I hope to swing by the hospital this afternoon, after Tiff has had some rest :)

Kelli said...

So sweet and cute. I just love baby cheeks. Give Tiffany all our love and best wishes for some rest.

Lacey said...

WAHOO, she's here! She is adorable. Yeah- Tiff isn't pregnant anymore!!!!!!

Macie Crabtree said...

What a sweet beautiful little princess! she is just adorable... I love the hair the nurses gave her! (OK YOU gave her, the nurses brushed it!!) Congrats on another beautiful baby!! glad you are doing well, and that everything went so well!! we are SOO happy for you!

O and Britt... sorry but you are going to have to share... I am already baby hungry for another girl!!!

Angie said...

Aww. What a cutie! Congratulations.

The Sillito Family said...

So adorable. Don't worry Tiff, I am a living testament that those feet problems ARE easily fixed while young- I had something very similar when I was a baby and would never know it now! She makes me want to take a trip to Idaho when we get home even more!

Alaina said...

Oooo she is BEAUTIFUL! I love that look on her face, and that hair is to die for. You guys are amazing, congratulations!!!

emily :) said...

I'm such a slacker lately!! I knew you were due soon, but I totally missed the countdown, birth and baby home!!! I hope I will be better about checking your blog, so I can see your darling children :) Holland is beautiful! :) I hope you are getting a little rest, and doing fine. How long is your mom in town?...You may have mentioned it already, and I just didn't read it yet :) Congratulations!!