Nov 13, 2008

Big Day

Today was a big day for Holland. We took her casts off today and she went and saw the doctor. The doctor had us do it because it would take some time to get them off, I'll say! So I started with a large bowl in the sink at about 10am this morning, we were told not to do this in a sink or tub because it would clog the drains. So in the bowl, in the sink I started soaking her legs. After about 5 min. I realized this was going to take some time, so we moved to the tub. I soaked the poor girl for over an hour before the casts began to soften. I then went back to the sink/bowl to see if I could start to pry off the plaster. Ummm, yeah, no can do by myself, need to call in reinforcements. Courtney came to my rescue. I held Holland and Court pried the plaster off bit by bit. Finally it was all off and it was only 1pm. She slept through most of the removal part, typical. Her poor little legs are purple and flaky but soooo cute. We met with the doctor at 2pm and he said they looked great. Happy Day!!!
Now if only she'll sleep better at night we'll be good to go. I'm very thankful that all went well and that it doesn't look like she should have any lasting side effects.

7 comments:

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Looks great! Poor thing, luckily she's still so young she probably didn't really notice all the soaking and effort it took to get them off.

Dacia said...

Yeah, happy day! Those are such cute little feet too!

Rachel said...

Hooray! She does have cute little legs!! I love her hair too.. pretty girl!

Kelli said...

what happen to those little saws they use to use to take them off? I cant believe you had to do it yourself! she is so cute.

Jeni said...

Aw, newborn legs are the best! What a relief that her legs will be ok. Seriously, could she be any cuter?

Anonymous said...

I have to say, her legs/feet look so much better! Yay!

Macie Crabtree said...

she looks great!! hooray for the day the casts come off! I can't believe how skinny all your babies legs are! I still remember Quintons legs! All very cute!!