Nov 1, 2008

Our First Casts


It is a sad day. The first cast in our family and it is on our three-day old baby. Luckily there were no broken bones. Friday we went to the Orthopedic surgeon and Holland got both legs put into casts, from her toes up past her knees. Fortunately, it was very uneventful. She fell asleep during the procedure so we know it was not hurting her. The doctor said she was already making good progress and this procedure will help to ensure that her feet grow as they should. They will only be on for two weeks. We will peel them off on November 13 and take her back in to the doctor that day.

You can kind of see how her feet turned in naturally at the ankles. That is what the casts are supposed to fix.


We brought her home and everyone got to sign her casts. The boys were a little confused as to why we would even want to write our names on them but did it anyway. Hopefully everything will go well the next few weeks and she will have no lasting effects with her feet.

Tiffany and Holland came home on Thursday and have been swarmed by the kids. They love the fact that all the old baby things are coming out--baby swing, seats, etc. It is hard to keep them off of them. Tiffany is healing well. She is up and around, although hunched over when she walks, and her body seems to be getting better each day. Holland is getting better at sleeping at night. I only heard her once last night (though she probably was up more than that.) Tiff mentioned that it was the best sleep she has gotten yet. We hope that will continue.

7 comments:

Dacia said...

She's sooooo cute! Especially with those little casts :)

Anonymous said...

First off, she is ADORABLE! It kinda made me sad to see the casts but knowing that they will help her feet grow correctly is comforting. Congrats again and I can't wait to see her at church!

Honor said...

I had casts on my feet when I was a baby ... I turned out great with no walking issues (at least I think so!) Super cute baby and the casts just make her more sweet and unique.

Halvorsen Family said...

She's beautiful Tiffany. You should have the casts bronzed!!

Macie Crabtree said...

ok, can I jsut say that my heart just broke when I saw her casts... she is just so tiny! I hate to see tiny babies like that. But am SOOO glad that she can be fixed up, and she is so tiny, she won't even remember it! We keep you both in our prayers every night! Take it easy Tiff, get your rest (bossy, bossy!) Love you and your sweet angel Holland!

John and Trina Busch said...

OH my she is super cute! It breaks my heart that she has to have casts. I am glad you are doing well. let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Rachel said...

Two weeks isn't that long, I guess. Thank goodness that's all it will take! She is a doll!! Good job guys!