I might be able to come up with six quirks:
1. I will not eat chocolate cake, ice cream, pie, or pudding. It tastes and smells like dirt to me. But I love to eat brownies or candy chocolate. Plus it has been fun to tell people that I don't like chocolate from the time I was a kid.
2. I hate to repeat myself. It just bothers me. Probably my biggest pet peeve.
3. I have become obsessive about spelling and grammar. It is very difficult to read something and not have the misspellings jump out at me. I will use the dictionary on my laptop, even when writing in a blog or email, if I am not sure on a spelling. I blame Richard Mitchell and his "Less Than Words Can Say" book. I found it quite interesting. The whole thing is free online.
4. Video games equate up there with not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle or not wearing your seatbelt. I have yet to hear a convincing argument for the merits of any of these things.
5. When possible, I will always do things an odd number of times. But I also like things to balance, so I will do things like using the same number of passes with my deodorant on each side and then do one in the middle just to get an odd number, while staying balanced. I just like odd numbers (perhaps because they are included in my name.)
6. I don't really like newborns. The cute-and-cuddly-thing doesn't do anything for me. New babies are just work to me--changing diapers, feeding bottles, trying to stop the crying, etc. I love it when they start to get older and we can interact. I love to chase my kids around the house, yelling, tickling, and wrestling. That being said, Holland is the best little newborn....
After reading these, I think you will agree that I really don't have any quirks, just correct viewpoints that everyone would be better off agreeing with (Except for the newborn thing--If everyone agreed, I might be left to do all the work!).
5 comments:
I DID NOT know about the chocolate thing. Very interesting. I thought I liked babies but I am with ya, I love 2 year olds. They can talk and play and have fun
You're missing out on the chocolate thing, especially with ice cream!
I feal sorry for Tiff about the hating to repeet yourslef thing... Ashlee hates it too, and combined with my poor hearing (or is it selective hearing?) and poor memory I ask her to repeat herself often, which can make her reely mad. She equates it with not caring about her, or something silly like that.
I'm with you on the newborn thing. There OK for about 5 minutes, then they get pretty boring - unless their whinny or poopy or something which is worse than boring.
You put deoderant in the middle??? I'm not even shore what that means.
Who the heck counts how many times they put on deoderant?????????
Todd you no longer have permission to read my blog. I am a horrible speller and terrible at grammar. Good luck Tiff JK. Congrats on the job in California.
Post a Comment