Dec 5, 2008

Look Who's 6









Quinton has been counting down the days until his birthday and today if finally arrived. I remember this day very clearly, it being my first child. I was in YW in our ward over the Beehives. We had just finished a presidency meeting and dinner and had gone over to the church for our weekly activity, which was caroling. I recall at dinner thinking it odd that I'd need to change my pants, but didn't think much of it. (HELLO what was I thinking????) So we go to the church and I definitely know something's wrong, so I call the hospital and they say I should probably come in so they can see if my water has broken. So Todd and I head home (he's the YM pres at the time), do some dishes, pack a bag, etc. My doctor was 40 min. away, so we wanted to make sure we had everything before we went. This was also happening two weeks before my due date and, of course, my water had broken and we were now on a wait to deliver. So, 24 hours later Quinton had arrived, healthy and strong.
He has the sweetest heart and always tries to make you happy. We are so blessed to have him in our family and love him very much. Happy Birthday Quinton!

For his sixth birthday we finally had a friends party. We decided to keep it to just boys and a bare minimum. We invited 6 boys over from mostly our neighborhood for a "space" party. The theme came from the cake Quinton picked. He wanted a rocket cake and it all came from there.

First this morning I made cupcakes for him to take to school.


Then I needed to finish his cake.


I got things set up for when his guests arrived (with Todd's help, thank you, honey.)




And then the party began. They decorated their own treat bags with stars, planets, and rockets.


Then we went downstairs for some games. We played pin the eye on the alien.


Toss the comet into the black hole. (I made the comets out of a tennis ball & some black knee-high stockings and tied some curling ribbon on the tail.)


We also played musical space chairs to Star Wars theme music. (Sorry I didn't get a picture of that.) Then we headed upstairs for cake & ice cream.



And then, of course, presents.



So over all, I think it went pretty good. Each guest got to leave with their comet and a treat-filled bag. I tried to find space themed things like Milky Way candies, Starbursts, glow sticks, mini Slinkys, and a whistle of some kind.

After the party Todd took the family to McDonald's for dinner. The kids love to go to the "French Fries" store, as they call it, and play. This also worked out great for mom, who was beat by the end of it all.

8 comments:

Dacia said...

Looks like another AWESOME party! Good job and happy bday Quinton!

Kelli said...

I love the cake, its great. Sounds like a wonderful party. Good job

All About DOE said...

Happy Birthday Quinton! A little late. I had a crazy week. His party looked fun.

Anonymous said...

wow, what a great party!

Stephanie said...

You sure know how to throw a party! How fun!

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

You are one brave lady! Our "party" with Austin was nothing compared to that! Austin still doesn't know it was his birthday I think. Maybe when he's 6, we'll throw a fun party like you guys did...great ideas by the way!

Alaina said...

Holy COW Tiffany! You definitely win "mom of the year" award. I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped. With a new baby? You put together this kind of shin-dig? Seriously, I only hope I can be half as energetic as you someday :) You inspire me.

belinda said...

Way to go Tiffany. Parties are such good memory buidlers but to have one with a new baby is remarkable. Having been there the day Quinton was born I too think he is quite a treasure and will always have a special place in my heart. Hope he liked his gift.

Mom