Dec 4, 2008

Twilight

So I finally saw the movie. A bunch of us girls went and it was great to have a girls night out, with out even baby I might add (thank you Court). So my take on it is I really liked it and only have a few complaints. First is Bella, didn't really like the actress, she didn't show much emotion especially when it came to Edward. I didn't feel like she was obsessed with him really at all until the end and she had her mouth hanging open all the time like she couldn't breathe through her nose. ( I know I'm weird) Jasper was another one who didn't really fit. He was creepy looking and had really bad hair and there was something lacking in his presence. As for the rest of the characters they were perfect. Edward totally did it for me. I was also bummed about the meadow scene slash Edward in the sun. That was one of the best parts of the book and it was butchered. And lastly I didn't like the shaky camera shots, it spoke low budget to me.
What I did like was the way it showed the restraint it took Edward to be with Bella, Alice was great and I can see in future movies she'll be great. All in all I will totally go see it again. I think reading the book again before was a mistake and should have waited till after, that would have helped. Go team Edward!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely had my problems with it as well, but in the end, I will probably own it... I mean, it IS twilight :)

erin black said...

I felt the same way about the actors. Honestly, I couldn't stand Edward in the book, but I loved him in the movie. That actor brought a lot of 'soul' to Edward for me. And it's totally the opposite with Bella, i.e., loved her in the book, couldn't stand her in the movie.

Stephanie said...

I thought Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands.

When Edward was supposed to be sparkling in the sun, I thought he just looked sweaty.