I'm really trying hard not to be such a grouch and speak kindly to my children. I don't want them to be afraid of me, or remember me as always being mad. This is a huge worry of mine, and something I'm always working at. I am so not that mom who always has a quiet, calm voice with my children, even when they're in trouble. But I am working on being better.
Mar 9, 2009
Family Night
For Family Night tonight I thought the kids could use some time out of the house and a treat, especially since I've been pretty grouchy for almost a week. (reasons have been made clear) My intention was to check out the new play place in Rexburg at Artic Circle but when we drove by it was packed! So we oppted for McD's. The kids didn't complain they had a blast running around and going down the slides. I'm always a little nervous when small children come to play, small meaning like 1 to 2. Ellie is miss mother and will help them if they need it or not or want it or not, tonight was no exception, poor little girl. luckily her mom was very understanding. We also got a treat while we were there which the kids thought was so great!
Ellie and Quinton got ice cream cones while Weiland went for the strawberry sunday.

And Holland of course had her favorite thing, her fingers.

I'm really trying hard not to be such a grouch and speak kindly to my children. I don't want them to be afraid of me, or remember me as always being mad. This is a huge worry of mine, and something I'm always working at. I am so not that mom who always has a quiet, calm voice with my children, even when they're in trouble. But I am working on being better.
I'm really trying hard not to be such a grouch and speak kindly to my children. I don't want them to be afraid of me, or remember me as always being mad. This is a huge worry of mine, and something I'm always working at. I am so not that mom who always has a quiet, calm voice with my children, even when they're in trouble. But I am working on being better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Tiff the fact that you even worry about being too grouchy shows what a good mom you are! I know your kids adore you and they will definatly remember that. Can I join the grouchy club?! Holland just keeps getting cuter, those eyes!! She looks like her mommy! Love you
What a fun night! Grouchy, you're grouchy? I'd never know!
Can I join the club too? I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me "asking" (yelling at Collin) to SHUSH this morning as we were trying to get in the car. Holy Cow. Just so you know, I loooove the Arctic Circle playplace so much better because you keep your shoes on, and it's more like an outdoor playground where I can go up and grab my kids.... instead of me getting stuck in a tunnel (aka pee-infested tuber). Gotta love Mickey D's though just because the kids love it so much, and you just need a break sometimes!! Good for you.
p.s. ya, we went to Mickey's for lunch today.
Post a Comment