Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope we catch one!
Mar 16, 2009
Happy St. Patricks Day
I have never been one to really get into St. Patrick's Day. I don't intentionally wear green or even care. But now with a kindergartner things have changed. Quinton has been so excited for this St. Patrick's Day, he's been sing songs about rainbows and leprechauns, and pots of gold. Last Friday they sent home a note saying that each year a leprechaun plays pranks in their classroom and if we'd like our child could make and bring a leprechaun trap to school to see if they could catch him. So I looked on line first to see what a leprechaun trap was before I talked to Quinton about it. Well it didn't seem like such a big deal so I asked if he would like to make one. You'd think I'd asked if he wanted ice cream for dinner. He was making plans on what he was going to do with the leprechaun when he caught it. So here is Quinton and his leprechaun trap, we'll see if it works when he gets home from school today. Good job bud!




Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope we catch one!
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope we catch one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We discussed the best way to keep it trapped today. He thought a brick would be a great way to keep the leprechaun in the box (to weigh the top down), so if you have any bricks lying around you will know why Quinton wants it. He was also telling me all his plans for it. It should be a well-traveled leprechaun by the time I see it. I'm glad Q is enjoying school and the activities.
How fun! You are such a good mom! My Zachary asked me yesterday if I believed in Leprechauns, and I didn't even think about the "magical" aspect of an eight almost 9 year old's question, and told him "no" as I chuckled! He instantly deflated, and I realized my mistake!! I should have been more creative and thought of a leprechaun trap!! How cool! :)
What a cute little trap! Great job!
I love that idea! And his trap is so clever. Did he catch one??
Post a Comment