I got this idea from Super Nanny and after one day I love it.
In our house I have three serious snackers. Every time I turn around someone wants a snack. Ellie always uses "my tummy hurts" to get one. So I was so done with always trying to please everyone and having to stop what I'm doing to get the snack I put her idea in motion. I went to the dollar store and got three different color containers and at night after the kids are in bed I put a day's worth of snacks in their containers. Then the next day they have their choice of when and what they eat for a snack. The rules are you have to have breakfast first and no snacks an hour before meal time, other wise they can have a snack whenever they want.
Of course Ellie had her snacks eaten by 9:30am today and wasn't really happy when I said sorry you've eaten all your snacks later in the day. Wei also had the majority of his eaten before lunch, while Quinton did well in spreading his out. Now this was only day one so we'll see how tomorrow goes but I'm loving being able to say "sure you can have a snack" and not having to be the mean mom who always says no.
4 comments:
Great idea. So far, my kids aren't huge into snaking, but I think it's in my near future. Those are cute containers too.
The snacking must be down also, now that dad is not around... I hope I can qualify for my own snack tub, though it had better be much larger, like the closet.
The snacking must be down also, now that dad is not around... I hope I can qualify for my own snack tub, though it had better be much larger, like the closet.
I love supernanny!
Post a Comment