

We had quite the exciting weekend here in Rexburg. Weiland turned 5 on Friday and for a surprise Todd came home for a quick visit. He wasn't scheduled to come in until about 3am but to my surprise as I was driving down our street at 6:15pm I see him walking by. I couldn't believe it, what a great surprise! I wasn't at home to see the kids reaction but when I got home they were still all over him and showing him anything they could find and talking all over each other. They really missed their dad (so did I!!!). It was wonderful to have him here even for a short time.
We celebrated Wei's birthday on Saturday, he woke up to decorations and presents on the table. All week he'd been asking me where I hid them. Thank you to Grandma's and Grandpa's for the fun presents, he loved them all!
This year he had the hardest time deciding on what kind of cake he wanted. We pulled out the cake books to help him decide and he said he wanted a train cake but when it came down to it I asked if that was really what he wanted and not an animal of some kind. And of course he quickly changed his mind to an alligator/crocodile. Well I had no instructions on how to do that so I did the best I could and here's what he got.
I asked him if he had a fun birthday and he said yeah, it was fun. So I guess I'll take that as a good thing.
Unfortunately we had to take Todd back to the airport so he could get back to work. We drove down to Utah Sunday after church and stayed with Randy and Cheri, his uncle and aunt, they were very kind to let our family stay. Then we took him to the airport early Monday morning. The kids and I stayed and met up with family for a lunch play date at Artic Circle. It was great to see you guys (Macie and kids, Alaina and Adrie, Jeni and Olivia, and Michelle and Rusty)Alaina got a good shot of the group if you'd like to see it here. And here we are home again and back to the daily grind (by myself for six more weeks).
9 comments:
What a cute cake! You did that without a pattern? So talented!
Holland looks just like Wei did in the first picture, only with more hair. It was great to visit, though coming back yesterday was tough. I was just dragging at work, trying to stay motivated to actually do some work. Only six more weeks; we have done it once already.
So like Todd to surprise even the one who knew about the surprise!! Glad you were able to be together; we kept thinking of you and wishing we could be there for Wei's birthday celebration. [That was an AMAZING cake, Tiff-- WOW!] You're on the downhill slide now--the end is in site! Love you all!!
LOVE the cake! Very cute and outstanding outcome..no directions?? You are so talented! What a fantastic week-end and wonderful surprise for all, hang in there :)
I am so glad he got to come home for a little visit, that must be so hard and I feel for ya. (and pray for ya) the cake is wonderful. Great job.
very impressed with his cake. you have such a knack for things! I am so glad you got to spend some time with Todd, only 6 more weeks, more time for the 3 of us to hang out!
You make me sick, creativity and talent just drip off you and I have to squeeze even an ounce out of me. I should hire you to make my cakes. Wei did love it!
That cake is awesome! I can only imagine what kind of cake Everett will want and how on earth I'm going to make it. You did really good! Very impressive!
I love the cake. Good Job!
Post a Comment