Jan 12, 2009

Our Journey Begins




We took Todd to the shuttle this morning at 5am and said our good-byes. He's off on quite an adventure and I hope he enjoys the opportunity to learn and grow, but we're really going to miss him!

Did anyone ever watch "Full House" back in the day? Well Todd lives less than a mile from where they "lived". Did you know those row houses have a name? I didn't, so when Todd told me he was going to live near the "Painted Ladies" I said you better explain yourself.



Todd should have an interesting day today. He arrives in San Fran around 1pm and is going to have to entertain himself for most of the day because his roommate had to leave town unexpectedly for a family emergency and has the only key to their apartment. He is also a student here in Rexburg who left his wife behind to do this internship. He arrived a few days ago to meet their landlord and get the key and particulars. I'm sure Todd will find something to do, but what to do with the luggage is the tricky part.

I know the Lord is mindful of our family and our situation at present and I've been blessed to receive great blessing from both Todd and his Dad. I know I can handle the kids and house it's the missing Todd that's going to be the most difficult. But I guess this is a chance for us to grow in ways we never would otherwise and so we begin.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

I can't believe he's going to be in SF for 3 months. Let me know if you need anything! I will be right over!

Kelli said...

so will he get to come home on weekends once in a while? Prayers and hugs for you all.

Alaina said...

Tiff I can't believe how awesome you are! It's been fun to catch up (in reverse order, I just read from today's date back to this privacy start) and I LOVE seeing how upbeat you are and how beautifully your family is doing.

I also teared up at the pictures of Ellie crying for her Dad... you guys are brave (and WISE) to do this now and then be together in even better situations in the future. My love and prayers are with you!