Honestly I'm not really disappointed that he opted not to get the fish. But with all the fuss he made over it I just had to laugh. So here's our "fish".
Jan 28, 2009
Let me tell you about our new fish
In our house as most of you know I have picky eaters. I remember way back in the day, feeding Quinton his jar baby food and thinking how I couldn't wait to just make dinner and have everyone eating it together. Well here I am years later and most nights make at LEAST two different dinners usually three. So this week I decided to start incorporating some "new" (I use that term loosely) food into their diet. We started with scrambled eggs, sad I know. And wouldn't you know it, Quinton liked them (mostly because they were covered in ketchup, one of his favorite foods). Weiland also thought they were pretty ok. Ellie on the other hand gagged and spit them back out. Well as a reward I told them they could have a toy from the store. Quinton has always wanted this Murdock train he saw about a year ago and Weiland, well Weiland wanted a pet. So we compromised on a fish. I could handle a simple goldfish in a bowl, no big deal. So of course they wanted to go out right then to get these things but I told them we'd go tomorrow because it was too late. The next day comes and of course it's the coldest day yet, cold enough that they cancel school. Weiland is so excited to go and get his fish but when I tell him we can't because it's too cold out he throws an absolute fit and is so angry with me. I try to tell him the fish would just die if we brought it outside, didn't work, just mad. So today it warmed up enough that we headed to Walmart to purchase their winnings. We're walking through the store and of course Weiland wants to go right to the fish. Well I have a few other things I need to get and don't want to walk around with the fish until we're ready to go so I tell him to just hang on and we'll get it. We get the things I need, Quinton picks out his prize and while we were wandering through the toys for Quinton to decide Weiland finds this lizard. He decides he'd rather get this toy lizard. I ask him if he's sure he says yes, I say well why don't we go look at the fish first then you can decide. So we go over to the fish, he takes a quick look and I ask are you sure you don't want a fish? He says yeah they could die, now can I go get the lizard.
Honestly I'm not really disappointed that he opted not to get the fish. But with all the fuss he made over it I just had to laugh. So here's our "fish".
Honestly I'm not really disappointed that he opted not to get the fish. But with all the fuss he made over it I just had to laugh. So here's our "fish".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
2 or 3 dinners? you poor thing. I totally feel for you.
Go Wei! You and Scotty could be best friends!
What a surprise that Wei would forget a fish when he saw an animal he could actually hold... It will be much harder to have the lizard die. Did Quinton get his Murdoch? He has been talking about that thing for more than a year. Good job eating new food, guys. (Though I can sympathize with Ellie, eggs are gross.)
Much easier to clean up after than "fish"!
We had to do the reward system for Kimber when she was 3. I just bought a bunch of dollar store toys and every night that she tried something new she got to pick something out. We only had to do it for a week and she finally was convinced that she could try something without dying. Not to say it changed completely, but it definitely opened the door to being more willing. She still puts on a show if extended family is around (especially gma's and gpa's) but when it's just us, she toughs it out and tries a bite. (when we started with her we were trying to get her to eat mac and cheese, quesadilla's, grilled cheese, etc...so we started with the basics as well) :)
Love the fish! Great Pet.
Ya, he wore that lizard on his head and under his hat when he came over. So funny! I'm glad it didn't get lost now that I know of its significance!! They even told me they ate eggs for dinner! I could tell they were so proud of themselves!! Made me want to make eggs for dinner.. yum!
I'm so happy he decided to go for the lizard, fish stink so bad!! I can't believe you make so many different dinners, what a nice mom you are!
Post a Comment